Thursday, February 24, 2011

Diet trays to the front

When I first went to my recruiters office I weighed 242 lbs.  That was in March.  When I left for PI, I weighed 222 lbs.  My recruiter told me that I needed to weigh 225 before I left.  This freaked me out because I was having trouble hitting that mark.  If I didn't get to 225 or below would they not let go to boot camp? (Bear in mind that at this point I don't think that would have been the end of the world but I did then!)  Well, it turns out that this was one of many false things that my esteemed recruiter told me.  I could have weighed 250 and as long as I could pass the IST they would have let me go to boot.  Why does this bother me?  It bothers me because what the bastard should have told was that I needed to get under 215 lbs because is the weight limit for men who are 74 inches tall.  Had he told me that then I would have worked harder and cut more weight.  Instead I came down here thinking that I had lost enough weight and low and behold my DIs held a different view.  I have been placed on diet tray.  This means that when we go to chow I have to move to the front of the line when we go in and announce to the mess staff that I need a diet tray.  All my brown skivvy shirts have two white lines printed on the front and the back so the DIs know to spend a little extra time torturing me during PT.  All of this just seems to add to the overall humiliation and brain washing that this wonderful place has to offer!

That being said it should be noted that this place might be the best dietary program in the history of the world.  I came here at 222 on June 15th.  It is July 1st and I weigh 200 lbs.  I asked the Senior when a recruit can get off the Diet Tray program and he told me they would take me off when I was 15 lbs under the weight limit.  I'm not rocket scientist but that should mean that I should be off diet tray NOW!  Well, as with everything else they do down here, the DIs operate on their own time frame or whenever they F@#$ING feel like it.  Anyways, there is a side effect to losing 22 lbs in fifteen days and that is that you can lose muscle and stamina as well.  I am exhausted.  I could eleven pull ups when I came here and now I am maxing out at seven.   This came into play when we had pugil sticks the other day.  The first two times we had pugil stick matches I won easily because I was stronger than my opponent.  This last time I got knocked around for two reasons, I am a lot lighter and I am not used to it.  I know why it happened and so do the DIs but that didn't stop the evil bastards from chewing my ass for losing.  You know, maybe that's why I'm dropping weight so fast cuz the damn DIs chew our asses so much!!

Do you think that I am making up how devious the DIs are?  Do you think that I am exaggerating because of how much I hate them and this place?  Maybe you have a point.  However, I want you to consider this little tale first.  Every night we have Senior Drill Instructor time.  We all sit around with the Senior and mail is passed out and he tells what is going on the world.  Everyone wants to get mail.  Sometimes guys get packages with food in them.  Not just any food either, candy or sweets!  If a guy gets one of these packages he has to come to the front, open in front of everyone and he can eat what's in it until all the mail is passed out.  However, this is yet another of the Catch 22s.  When all the mail is passed out, you aren't allowed to keep what's left.  You must turn it in to the heavy who puts in the trash and then dumps cologne and bleach on it after he tears open all the packaging to ensure that no one will attempt to eat it later. (I've seen guys dig through the trash at night and eat the stuff anyways!  Desperate times I guess!)  Then the guy who got to eat will get called up the quarterdeck and get PT'd for about 15 minutes or until he looks like he's gonna throw up or actually throws up!  The DIs love it when a recruit pukes!  I haven't gotten any care packages yet, and honestly I don't want one.  I think I'll write a letter to my dad and tell him not to send me anything other than letters, I catch enough hell from these vultures as is.

1 comment:

  1. I totally believe you which makes it that much worse. I almost wish you WERE exaggerating. Did you keep a journal and is this what you're writing from or is this all from memory?

    ReplyDelete